"Secret skimping is out, like false bosoms." - Marjorie Hillis, Orchids on Your Budget, 1937.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Weighty matters...?

After 4 weeks in my program, I've lost a total of 13 lbs.

I'm happy to have made this progress, and I like to think that any amount of weight I lose is priceless, but in reality, the money I've spent only covers 4 or 5 more weeks. After that, I'm going to have to make a decision about whether I want to sign up for another 8 weeks, which would set me back another $600+.

It's easy enough to say that I shouldn't sign up, and that I should just do it on my own for free. But that's what I had been doing, and I didn't get very far. I'll have to give this a lot of thought before I make a final decision, but I'm leaning towards spending the money. It is my health, after all.

2 comments:

QL girl said...

Nice!! What program are you using? Is it an eating program? An exercise program? Thats impressive progress!

I do think its expensive, but I definitely know what you mean...its so frustrating when you work hard and eat well only to get nowhere. That quicker progress does wonders for motivation!

ekingout said...

It's a medically-supervised program at a local hospital. I'm doing the calorie reduction (1200) + meds combo, but there are a number of other options, including an all-liquid diet (ew).

I also do a lot of walking, but it's mostly for transportation purposes. I'd like to add in some jogging, but it's hard to just...start jogging. The dietician recommended this "couch potato to 5k" training thing that I'll have to look into.