"Secret skimping is out, like false bosoms." - Marjorie Hillis, Orchids on Your Budget, 1937.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bottle up and Explode

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. The past week and a half has been not so wonderful. I'm having a greater than normal number of health problems lately, and I think I've let the stress get to me in the following ways:

  1. I went shopping... at Banana Republic. Granted, I hadn't bought new clothes in maybe a year, but I should lose about 5-8 more pounds before I go blowing my money anywhere, let alone BR.
  2. I only lost a pound this past week (total: 16.5 in 6 weeks). I've let my diet slip, and I keep making allowances, which only lead to more allowances. Case in point: I had gummy candy for lunch and a feast of bread and butter for dinner tonight. Ugh.
  3. My fingers are raw from biting. I've covered 8 of them in band-aids.

Back to work tomorrow, which is a huge bummer, but at least it'll give my day some structure.

No comments: