"Secret skimping is out, like false bosoms." - Marjorie Hillis, Orchids on Your Budget, 1937.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Enough.

Without realizing it (or should I say, through very effective denial), I have fully and properly screwed myself.

As I write this, my credit card bill, representing the last $2k to my name (that's including my next paycheck, btw) is in the mail to me. Unless I start doing something differently, next month I will begin to carry a balance, which will mark the first time I've ever had consumer debt. Choice timing, too. I've got a September vacation to plan, an out-of-state wedding to attend (as the MOH) in October, and another plane ticket home for Thanksgiving to buy.

I am starting to flesh out a plan to implement in order to gain back some control. I'll post more specifics later. It doesn't involve anything fancy, but I will be rolling up my sleeves.

It's time to take back my life so I can start making choices again, instead of being enslaved by the bad choices I made last month, or the bad habits that always choose for me.

No comments: