"Secret skimping is out, like false bosoms." - Marjorie Hillis, Orchids on Your Budget, 1937.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Confessional

I've done so well this past month, and it feels great. I'm being tested, however, as today is Klondike Gold Rush day on QVC, and they have new designs in 14k gold on sale. Luckily, most of it looks cheap or doesn't speak to me, but the fact that I keep checking back is not good.

Yesterday I was wrestling with whether or not to buy a refill of my favorite AHAVA hand cream. Winter will start nipping at my knuckles before I know it, so I want to be prepared (seriously, my hands get WRECKED during these New England winters. One day without gloves, and you're red and chapped for a week). BUT I do have an abundance of other, less expensive body lotions that will work almost as well, but somehow fall short. I decided to go in for a tube of my favorite stuff, and while I was there, I picked up some Serious Skin Care olive oil moisturizer. I used to use this stuff in college, and I liked it, so with a 30% off coupon, I decided to try it again. I dropped about $35 on stuff I could probably do without, but will probably use. All in all, I could've done worse.

In other news, a stranger complimented my jewelry today. Stay strong, self!

No comments: