"Secret skimping is out, like false bosoms." - Marjorie Hillis, Orchids on Your Budget, 1937.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Itchy trigger finger

My favorite jewelry designer, Temple St. Clair, has written a book. I bought said book, read it, and am now insane (keep reading).



If I could distill my dreams, desires, and principles into a single, wearable object, it would look something like this, but with either (i) a round, faceted, vibrant blue-violet sapphire or tourmaline with bezel-set diamonds in place of the gold granulation, (ii) an east-west set oval cabochon - peridot or citrine, or (iii) a scrumtrulescent sugarloaf emerald (see book for example):




And yes, such beasts do exist.

If ever a time comes where it is appropriate for me to spend money in this fashion, I will forego all other jewelry except for my engagement ring and wear this treasure until it becomes a part of me, and some of me is part of it. (See what I mean?)

Until that time comes, a girl can dream...



and dream...



(btw, all pictures taken from the book and the TSC website - they're not mine, and I so don't have permission to use them.)

No comments: